Monday, June 6, 2011

As Vibrant As Ever!

We last visited Ginza two days before the disaster that struck Japan. For a while the stunned nation naturally went into shock and mourning. I didn't know what to expect when we returned. I was quite happy to see that normalcy has pretty much returned to Ginza. The young lady you see here was carrying a very large box, much too large for her petite size 4 body. As she paused to rest, I asked her if she needed help, always the gallant, but she declined with a series of smiles. I knew then that this would be the photo to resurrect "Panache Japan".
A friend asked me how Japan would get along after the tragedy of March 11. I told him that Japanese endure hardship in harmony with each other, have done it before and will do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment